I’ve seen recipes and pics all over the place about these little gems and have been excited to give them a shot! And guess what? They were even easier and quicker than I thought they would be. Little hand-held bites of protein goodness that you can grab and go or serve up at your next brunch. I made up a batch of a dozen and had them for breakfast all week!
Here’s the ingredients:
– A dozen eggs – get good eggs…free range, all natural, whatever, but get good eggs, damnit!
– A pound or so of breakfast sausage.
– Seasonings: garlic salt, pepper, etc.
Here’s the method:
– Cook your sausage. I grabbed some loose breakfast sausage and quickly sauteed it up til browned.
– Put about a spoonful or so of sausage in the bottom of your non-stick or sprayed muffin pan holes.
– Crack an egg in each muffin hole.
– Season the egg with your salt, pepper, whatever else you like.
– Put a spoonful of salsa on the top of each muffin.
– Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes, or until the eggs are firm and pulling away from the edge of the pan a little bit.