Carrots? Sure, I like carrots…but I don’t LIKE carrots, if you know what I mean. I grew up eating carrots that had been boiled until tender and then buttered and seasoned. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but they didn’t exactly make me want to run back for seconds. Carrots are an excellent vegetable overall, they’re abundant year round, they’re pretty cheap, they last forever in the fridge, and most people generally like them. They’re just kind of…well…boring.
So, I just had a carrot epiphany! We just started receiving fresh produce boxes from Talley Farms, a local source of incredible produce. This week’s box happened to have a super cute bunch of purple carrots. I’ve never had purple carrots and wasn’t sure what to do with them…so I did what any respectable bacon lover would do and I decided to pan roast them with bacon fat. Let me tell you, besides the incredible smells that were wafting around this place, I sampled the finished product and literally said “DAMN, those are GOOD!” My carrots will forever be prepared in this manner. I swear. Seriously.
Method for the best CARROTS ever:
– Wash and trim the ends off of your carrots.
– Roughly cut slice into bite sized chunks.
– Put them into a saute pan and barely cover with water over high heat.
– Boil until the water is almost gone.
– If they’re not quite tender enough for you, add a little more water and continue boiling.
– Once the water is just about gone, add a good slab of bacon fat.
– Continue cooking over high heat to get a little crisp on them.
– Season with garlic salt and a little pepper.
– Prepare yourself for your very own carrot epiphany!
Taxi moto line
128 Rue la Boétie
+33 6 51 612 712
Taxi moto paris
I like the valuable info you provide on your articles.
I will bookmark your blog and check again right here frequently.
I’m somewhat certain I’ll learn many new stuff proper here!
Good luck for the next!
Post writing is also a excitement, if you be familiar with then you can write or else it is complicated to write.|