We put a post out there about the crazy, healthy smoothie that we have, almost every day. Well, it’s morphed a little bit since then and we wanted to share it with you. We’ve noticed some pretty exciting benefits, through blood numbers as well as generally feeling great. Each of the ingredients is in there for a specific reason. This is no Jamba Juice smoothie, don’t get me wrong. It’s definitely tolerable but not super sweet.
Here’s what we put in ours…you can mess around with the quantities, depending on how much you’re making and what your tastes are.
– Broccoli Sprouts (frozen) – These contain a high amount of sulforaphane. When sulforaphane enters your blood stream, it triggers a release in your cells of a protein called Nrf2. This protein, called by some the “master regulator” of aging, then activates over 200 genes. They include genes that produce antioxidants, enzymes to metabolize toxins, proteins to flush out heavy metals, and factors that enhance tumor suppression, among other important health-promoting functions. Studies have also shown that freezing and then macerating, like in a smoothie releases even more sulforaphane.
– Kale (frozen) – Based on research, the most beneficial property of eating kale is its ability to be a powerful anti-inflammatory agent.
– Garlic clove (frozen) – it has been linked to reducing or even helping to prevent four of the major causes of death worldwide, including heart disease, stroke, cancer and infections.
– Fruit (frozen) – Usually blueberries, which are high in antioxidants. The main purpose of the fruit is to add a bit of sweetness and cut the other ingredients.
– Turmeric – Lots of health benefits, including anti-inflammatory, arthritis relief, etc.
– Cinnamon – Rich in antioxidants, supports blood sugar control, inflammation relief, preserves brain function and promotes oral health.
– Apple Cider Vinegar – Regulates blood sugars, enhances weight loss, lowers cholesterol, skin health and blood pressure reduction.
– Bone Broth Collagen powder – Great for skin and hair, reduces joint pain and degeneration, helps leaky gut, boosts metabolism and muscle mass, etc.