Well, first things first, stop being so dramatic…all creativity is never gone. We have the world at our fingertips but we still suffer from writers block, mental block, and all kinds of other blocks from time to time. Some things that have worked for me in freeing me of those blocks are:
1) Reading: whether it be books or online articles and blog posts, they stir up thoughts, opinions, and ideas. This has been a great one for me.
2) Go for a walk or run: this is two-fold really, it gets you outside and we all need that fresh air but it also gets the adrenaline and blood flowing, I love it. One confession though, when I run I use a treadmill so when I need fresh air I just go outside.
3) Paper & pen, or phone: I always have paper and pen or my phone to jot down any interesting thoughts, ideas, or questions that come through my head…otherwise they would just fall into the abyss of my memory loss. I can always go back and read the few words I wrote down and it will trigger additional thoughts to build on the original.
4) Talk: talking to people, well listening, often can stir up ideas or help build on existing ideas you’ve already had.
5) The world: the world around us is truly full of wonder! Be observant, watching things happening, question everything, ponder, be inquisitive…come on, I bet you have an idea right now. Like how helpful or stupid this post is…! Cheers!!